ACCESS 2020: Kick-off Events
(Breakfast Ride and Run for Accessibility & Inclusion)
This is an advocacy project in continuance to similar ones held in 2011, Access 2020: Adventure Race and in 2014 Access 2020: Race to Success. The theme for this present project, being the climax is PWDs’ Accessibility to Establishments and Transportation Paving the Way to their Accessible Education Livelihood and Employment. With the prelude activities this year, the highlight shall be main events next year.
Though the clamor of PWDs for equal rights and opportunities continues, we are grateful to the national government, institutions and some private entities for advocating the cause of PWDs in our country. The 20% discount for PWDs’ basic needs and services is much appreciated together with universities/ colleges pursuing education for PWDs as well as some private companies implementing the Accessibility Law (BP 344) for their establishments and employing PWDs in their working force. The quest continues to further strengthen this advocacy for the benefit of more PWDs. The quest likewise continues for PWDs’ more accessibility in the metropolis especially through wheelchair friendly establishments, streets and pavements as they go through their daily routine thus, fortifying and promoting Accessible Tourism.
Likewise, this project aims to achieve accessible transportation for PWDs to include them in the mass transit services as well as provide optimum transportation services in airlines and other modes of transportation in our society. Furthermore, this project emphasizes the accessibility to more scholarship assistance, livelihood and employment for PWDs as well as encourages volunteerism and goodwill among the people for them. This project shall offer entertainment and conduct social experiments particularly for the adventure race and public participation captured by media partner. This project also aims to partner with government agencies, private companies and associations, disabled people’s organizations and civil societies for the accomplishment of objectives.
- To uplift the lives of PWDs and advocate for their cause as they become contributing members in the Philippine society.
- To include PWDs in community and social development especially through accessibility to establishments, education, transportation, livelihood, and employment.
- To create stronger voice for the rights of PWDs especially in the stronger implementation of PWD-laws as they achieve equal rights and opportunities.
- To encourage the spirit of volunteerism and goodwill for PWDs by the general public.
- Prelude Activities 2019 (selling of promo items-tumblers, t-shirts, mugs)
- * Bikers’ Breakfast Ride – December 1, 2019, TWH grounds
* Run for Accessibility & Inclusion (Fun Run)-December 8, 2019, AFP Oval, Camp Aguinaldo
* Celebration of International Disability Day
- Main events by December 2020 (International Disability Day in partnership with main partners & government agencies NCDA, DOT, DOTR, etc.)
- Adventure Race
- Route in the Metropolis and tourists spots
- Promote accessible transportation via land, air and sea
- Fun Run (Walk, Run & Roll ) and Raffle